Hello guys! It’s been quite a while since I shared my food recipe. I love cooking and find joy in doing so simply because I get to enjoy the process of making the food as well as acknowledging what nutritions I get. This is important for me as I am particular of what food goes into my stomach.
This recipe is neither too sweet nor less sweet and it contains gelatine too. I feel the taste is well balanced with the ganache, chocolate cream cheese and Oreo based. This is definitely chocolatey, Sorry for those non-chocolate lovers. This recipe may not be for you but I do have a non-chocolate cheese cake recipe, do check it out here on my Instagram post. I’ll share it at the end of the post!
No bake chocolate cheesecake recipe (with gelatine):
Cake pan size: 15cm/6”
Allergic advice: contain gluten, dairy
- 100g of Oreo cookies, crush (do not remove the fillings)
- 45g of unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Cream cheese mixture:
- 250g of cream cheese block, room temperature (I used Philadelphia)
- 60g of powdered/icing sugar
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice, freshly squeezed (optional)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- 50g of greek/greek style/plain yoghurt (no added sugar)
- 150g of dark chocolate (55%), melted
- 150 ml of whipping cream, cold
- 5g of gelatine sheet or powder
- 30g of milk, warm
- 50g of dark chocolate (70%), chopped or in chocolate chip drop size
- 70g of whipping cream, warm
- 90g of whipping cream, warm (if you prefer a thinner chocolate ganache)
- Mix the crush Oreo cookies and melted butter until the cookies is slightly damp and pour the crumb into a removable bottom cake pan. Place in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Place the cream cheese block in the mixing bowl and mix well with a spatula till smooth texture.
- Add the icing sugar to the cream cheese and mix well.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Place the gelatine sheet into a bowl of ice cold water and soak it for 6mins. Alternatively, if you are using a gelatine powder, pour 30g of milk into the gelatine powder and set aside. Do not mix.
- Add yoghurt to the bowl and mix well.
- Slowly pour in melted chocolate and gently fold the mixture together.
- Squeeze out the excess water from gelatine sheet, add 30g of warm milk and stir well. Alternatively, if you are using gelatine powder, microwave for 30 secs and stir well.
- Add the gelatine milk mixture into chocolate cheese mixture and mix well. Set aside the mixture.
- Pour cold whipping cream into a new mixing bowl.
- Start whipping the cream until it turns foamy.
- Add 2 tbsp. of powdered sugar and continue whisk to soft peak.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate cheese mixture.
- The chocolate cream cheese mixture should be smooth and creamy texture.
- Pour the cream cheese into the cake pan that contain the Oreo cookies
- Tap the cake pan few times to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Fridge it for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After 4 hours, take out the cake from fridge for the chocolate ganache
- To the chocolate ganache, heat up the whipping cream close to boiling.
- Turn off the heat when it’s about to boil.
- Pour the warm whipping cream into the 50g dark chocolate and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, stir the mixture well and pour to the cake pan. You might need to use a spatula to spread out the chocolate ganache evenly.
- Allow the chocolate ganache to set for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Serve the cake on its own or decorate with some fresh strawberries!
- Do not soak the gelatine sheet too long as it will lose it setting properties.
- Do not add boiling water to the gelatine sheet, it will weaken the set properties. Hot water of less than 80°C or 175°F is preferred.
- Take out the whipping cream from the fridge right before you are about the whip the cream. OR you can put the bowl with the whipping cream on top of a bowl of ice cold water. This ensure that it stay cold.
Finally, my recipe for a classic no bake cheesecake. I used full fat or natural yoghurt instead of a sour cream as it is much healthier and contain probiotics which is good for the gut.
I created this Instagram account to share my recipe with anyone who is keen and also documenting my food creation. The recipe is definitely inspired from watching those YouTube recipe video but I do not copy the recipe blindly and called it mine. I do take inspiration from them and ultimately creating my own recipe according to my likings. If I do used their recipe, I would definitely credit them.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any enquires about the cheesecake, I would try my best to advice you. Till next time! 😀