Hello! It’s been a while, I know that I have been away for sometime but I am now back with another no bake recipe and this time is my favourite fruit: Strawberry. I made this in the month of February during Valentine Week.
If you look closely, this cake has two layer, one layer is the plain/original cream cheese flavour and another layer is the strawberry cream cheese flavour. and in the middle is the strawberry puree.
Cake pan size: 15cm/6″
Allergic Advice: contain dairy, gluten and beef gelatine.
- 100g of digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 40g of unsalted butter, melted
- Mix the finely crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter until the biscuits are damped and pour the crumb into a removable bottom cake pan and used a spatula to even out the crumb in the pan. Fridge it an hour before making the cake.
Cream cheese Based mixture:
- 250g of cream cheese block, room temperature (I used Philadelphia brand)
- 100g of plain yoghurt*
- 35g of caster sugar
- 100g of strawberry juice*
- 150g of homemade strawberry puree*(Jam-liked texture)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 5g of gelatine sheet or powder
- 20g of hot water (do not use boiling water)
- 150ml of whipping cream, cold
*Yoghurt option: greek, greek-style, natural/full-fat. (try to avoid using non-fat or low fat yoghurt as it could make the cream cheese mixture loss its richness taste).
Strawberry juice: blend strawberry in the blender with lemon juice and strain the juice.
Homemade Strawberry Puree: place cut 150g of strawberry, 1 tsp lemon juice + 2 tbsp of sugar into a small pot/pan and heat it under low-medium flame till it boils and turn to low heat and consistently stirred the strawberry jam till it sticky or jam-like texture. Chill the puree in the fridge.
- Place the gelatine sheet into a bowl of ice cold water and soak it for 7 minutes. Alternatively, if you are using a gelatine powder, pour 20g of plain water into the gelatine powder and set aside. Do not mix.
- Place the cream cheese block in the mixing bowl and whip the cream cheese to a smooth texture with a hand/stand mixer. Alternatively, you can use spatula to mix the cream cheese till a soft and smooth texture.
- Add the caster sugar and mix till the sugar are dissolved.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla extract and plain yoghurt and mix well.
- Squeeze out the excess water from gelatine sheet, add 20g of warm milk and stir well. Alternatively, if you are using gelatine powder, microwave for 30 secs and stir well.
- Add the gelatine fluid into cream cheese based mixture and mix well. Set aside the mixture.
- Pour the cold whipping cream in the mixing bowl and start whisking until a soft peak is form.
- Gently fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Take out about 100g of the cream cheese mixture and pour it into the cake pan so it should sit on top of the crust based. Leave it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, put the chilled homemade strawberry puree on top of the original cream cheese mixture. spread the puree around the centre and not toward the edge. Leave it in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Mix the remaining cream cheese mixture with the strawberry juice and the mixture should turn into a baby pink colour.
- After 10 minutes, pour the remaining mixture into the cake pan. leave it in the fridge
(not the freezer)and let it chill overnight.
- Remove the cake from the cake pan the next day and cut and serve the cake!
Thanks for reading my recipe and I’ll be back with another no bake recipe.